[Limdep Nlogit List] questionnaire design with dataset and lim file.(No.2)

Hiroshi KAMEYAMA kameyama.hiroshi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 17:06:44 EST 2007

Dear John and to those who took care of my beginers questions,
 Yes, thank you so much for your suggestion. The problems are solved.

But the next erroe message came out.

   Hessian is not positive definite at start values.
   Error:   803: Hessian is not positive definite at start values.
   B0 is too far from solution for Newton method.
   Switching to BFGS as a better solution method.

Is it seriour or negrectable?

Hiroshi KAMEYAMA
KAGAWA Univ., Japan

>This sometimes happens if you have additional rows of data included or for reasons that I cannot explain.
 When this happens to me >(often), I simply reject the rows -> reject;cset=-999$ That usually solves the problem.
>John

 >>Executing NLOGIT, the following error message came out. What does it
mean? I copy and pasted only for the dataset area again,
there can not be other value in rows colum.
 >>Error: 1095: Count variable CSET at row 3841 equals -999
 >>Error: 1095: Count variable CSET at row 3841 equals -999

>>Row 3840 is the last row for 96 individual respondents.

KAMEYAMA, Hiroshi (亀山 宏)
Associate Professor
Farm Management,  Faculty of Agriculture
Kagawa University, Japan 761-0795
2393 Ikenobe Miki-cho, Kita-gun, Kagawa
〒761-0795 香川県木田郡三木町池戸2393
香川大学農学部 応用生物科学科生物資源生産学大講座
Phone: +81-(0)87-891-3054 (FAX: -3021. admin.,庶務)
URL:http://www.ag.kagawa-u.ac.jp/kameyama/index.html
Email: kameyama at ag.kagawa-u.ac.jp