[Limdep Nlogit List] MNL Dummy Variable issues

contactemt contactemt at bigfoot.com
Fri Oct 13 00:07:59 EST 2006

Hi Tom/All.

So how does one handle the  "category variables" I described?
For instance, to copy from a simple example, say I ask many people to pick
the best local shop in their area.
They live in different areas so the choice set size as well as the choices
differ - just the attributes for each shop are the same.

Fine -  NLOGIT works as expected.

I then hypothesise that the sex of the respondent may impact on their
choice. How can I integrate that into the model?
The GENDER dummy variable will be constant across the one choice set but
differ across sets.

Any ideas?

Thanks