[Limdep Nlogit List] Selectivity Tobit with IV

Martin Linde-Rahr Martin.Linde-Rahr at economics.gu.se
Fri Nov 24 01:45:25 EST 2006

Hi, I'm trying to estimate a selectivity Tobit with endogenous variables. The "inst" procedure seems not to work in this setting. What I try to do is

PROBIT        ;  LHS = z ; RHS = V ; Hold $

SELECT        ;  LHS = y1 ; RHS = X1 ; KEEP=YFIT

SELECT         ;  LHS=y2 ; RHS = X2; INST=X2 (but with YFIT instead) ; Tobit ; MLE  $

The results show no sign of YFIT. Nor do the results change if I skip "inst" Any ideas anyone?

Martin Linde-Rahr

PhD

Department of Economics

Göteborg University