[Limdep Nlogit List] Sample selection models with random effects

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Tue May 23 23:30:54 EST 2006

Dear Allan:  The random parameters model in LIMDEP 8.0 allows precisely this
model - it's the bivariate probit model with sample selection (your number 2),
and allows random parameters and a panel structure.  For your random effects
model, allow only random constant terms in the two equations.  The precise model
you are looking for is on pages E17-24 to E17-27 of the version 8.0 manual, with
an application of the bivariate probit model with random effects on page E17-25.
(It's the BIVARIATE command, and for  your case, you would add ;SELECTION to
the command.)
Regards,
Bill Greene

Professor William Greene