[Limdep Nlogit List] simultaneous equation

William Greene wgreene at stern.nyu.edu
Tue May 2 19:39:39 EST 2006

Dear Joe: The program won't know to compute the fitted value as a product
just by the name of the variable.  You will have to create it separately with its
own create command. The problem, of course, is what the reduced form is.
If you are confident that the list of exogenous variables is complete, then to do
this using the equivalent of 2SLS, you will have to have separate commands
for each step.  Regress Y2 on the X'x, compute the fitted values, compute the
interaction, do the IV regression.  (By the way, the algebra of 2SLS doesn't
work here. You can't just plug the fitted interaction term back into the regression,
as you do when you do with linear systems.  You have to use IV.)
/Bill Greene

Professor William Greene
Department of Economics
Stern School of Business