[Limdep Nlogit List] random parameter estimation and fixed effects

Jaap Bos jwb_bos at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 01:31:15 EST 2006

Dear all,

I am estimating a random parameter frontier. I want to compare estimates - in particular marginal effects - with a fixed effect frontier estimation.

I'm struggling with comparing the results for both specifications. What I try to do therefore is estimate a random parameter frontier with firm dummies. However, that specification (almost) never converges.

I know that the random parameter model and the fixed effects model are not nested. Hence: anyone who has ideas on how to choose a preferred specification?

regards, Jaap Bos