[Limdep Nlogit List] Choice Model Design Software

Nadhem Mtimet nmtimet at aragon.es
Fri Jun 2 04:05:23 EST 2006

Dear John and Ron,

Sorry to respond you so late. John, I completely agree with you about the
fact that orthogonality is not a very important in constructing discrete
choice experiment (DCE) since that, as you said, orthogonality is desirable
in linear models and academics look more for high efficiency when
constructing DCE.

That is why the article of Street et al. is very interesting. Because it let
you construct optimal or near optimal choice experiments. As it is written
on page 463 of the mentioned article: "An optimal design has an efficiency
of 100%. A design is nearly optimal if the efficiency is high but there is
no formal definition of this phrase".

So, as we are looking for high efficient choice design, this method looks
very interesting and suitable.

Nadhem