[Limdep Nlogit List] discrete choice with small proportion of ones

Casey Dawkins caseydawkins at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 29 01:13:49 EST 2006

Hello,

I am estimating a discrete choice model with a sample
that contains a small proportion of ones (less than 5%
of the sample).

I am looking for references on the econometric issues
associated with such samples.  I know that
count-R-square-type measures are unreliable for such
models, because the .50 cutoff is a poor naive
prediction rule.  I've also seen somewhere that the
logit model may be inefficient in such cases, but I do
not recall where this result appears.

Thanks,
Casey