[Limdep Nlogit List] Reading Excel data file without variable names

Philip A. Viton viton.1 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 24 01:23:52 EST 2006

 From the online help (under READ):

"But, worksheet files must be read with ;NAMES (no list is needed) in
the command."

So reading-without-names apparently isn't possible. You could always
dump the excel data to an ascii file and read it in that way: in
which case names are automatically assigned.

At 12:47 PM 8/23/2006, you wrote:
>Dear fellow limdep users
>
>How can I read an Excel data file without variable names. I tried
>with and without the ;names= option and came down with the error message:
>
>     ;file=e:\agec524\students\datasets\excel\wage1.xls
>     ;format=xls $
>Error:   278: WKx/DIF/XLS.Numeric data found where var name was expected.
>
>Please help. Thanks.
>Limdep site list
>Limdep at limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au
>http://limdep.itls.usyd.edu.au

Philip A. Viton
City Planning, Ohio State University
275 West Woodruff Avenue, Columbus OH 43210
viton.1 at osu.edu