AW: [Limdep Nlogit List] simultaneous equations model with 3 endogeneous variables

Wilde, Joachim Joachim.Wilde at iwh-halle.de
Fri Apr 7 17:15:53 EST 2006

PD Dr. Joachim Wilde
Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung Halle
Kleine Märkerstr. 8
06108 Halle
Germany
Phone: ++49 345 7753 836
E-mail: Joachim.Wilde at iwh-halle.de

Dear Raushan,

I've tried to use the code in E17.6.1. However, I've got strange results (the corrections REDUCED my standard errors of the probit equation dramatically). Thus, I would not try to generalize it to the case of three equations. Another way to estimate the model might be maximum likelihood (using MAXIMIZE). You can factorize the density function of the trivariate normal distribution into the conditional distribution (both dummies given the observable variable) and the marginal density of the observable variable. This makes ML feasible.

Best regards
Joachim