[GPlates-discuss] See which features constitute a topology

Linden, T.J.M. van der (Thomas) t.j.m.vanderlinden at uu.nl
Sat Feb 29 02:01:13 AEDT 2020

Hi,

I have been trying to find which features constitute topologies in a downloaded GPlates model (in this case Matthews et al. GPC 2016, available from https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/0wlvCMwvLQTqqLlN0Iwjbxc?domain=doi.org). I would like to know which parts of the topology are subduction zone, mid ocean ridge or passive margin. So far my efforts were not successful.

Methods tried:

  *   Select the topology and delete it, this results in the deletion of all features constituting the topology.
  *   Disabling or deleting the layer with topologies
  *   Selecting the topology and look in Query feature

What works for some features is to select the Topology and then click on individual features constituting the topology. However not all features react to clicking in this mode (for instance the subduction zone of the Andes does not).
Also the list shown in Topology Boundary Sections, cannot be used to highlight individual features on the map.

Does anyone know a solution?

I can imagine writing a pyGPlates script to create a new file with only features, but would like to have a direct graphical method.

I use GPlates 2.2.0 in Windows10.

Cheers from Berlin,
Thomas