[GPlates-discuss] Conversion of text data for plotting lines and points

Genti Toyokuni toyokunigenti at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 15:32:38 AEDT 2019

Dear Sirs;

Thank you very much for providing us a great software!
I want to ask you the following two points:

(1) How can I convert a simple text list of longitudes and latitudes
including a ">" sign as a line separator, which is commonly used in
Generic Mapping Tools, into "gpmlz" format? I want to plot several
lines specified by the list on the Earth's surface.

(2) How can I convert a simple text list of longitudes, latitudes, and
depths showing locations of volcanoes, hotspots, and hypocenters into
a file format which can be opend by GPlates?

I am sorry for my very basic questions.

Best wishes,

Genti Toyokuni