[GPlates-discuss] GPlates won't compile with recent versions of gdal, proj, and boost

Robbie Smith rd4smith at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 15:07:35 AEST 2019

I've been having issues trying to get GPlates to compile on my system.
The versions of libgdal and libproj have been updated to 3.0.0 and
6.1.0, and attempting to compile GPlates results in the following
errors:

   /usr/include/proj_api.h:37:2: error: #error 'To use the proj_api.h
   you must define the macro ACCEPT_USE_OF_DEPRECATED_PROJ_API_H'
      37 | #error 'To use the proj_api.h you must define the macro
   ACCEPT_USE_OF_DEPRECATED_PROJ_API_H'
         |  ^~~~~

   /usr/include/boost/pending/integer_log2.hpp:7:1: note: #pragma
   message: This header is deprecated. Use
   <boost/integer/integer_log2.hpp> instead.
       7 | BOOST_HEADER_DEPRECATED("<boost/integer/integer_log2.hpp>");

Any ideas as to how I can fix this? I'm running Arch Linux.

regards,
Robbie