[GPlates-discuss] Gplates Compilation Error - GDAL

Fourel Loic Loic.Fourel at NGU.NO
Fri Jul 6 00:51:59 AEST 2018

Thanks John for the quick reply. And this is excellent news.

Any chance you can give an approximate date for the new release? I would need to use Gplates in the coming weeks.

Regards,

Loic

________________________________
From: GPlates-discuss <gplates-discuss-bounces at mailman.sydney.edu.au> on behalf of John Cannon <john.cannon at sydney.edu.au>
Sent: Thursday, July 5, 2018 4:34:55 PM
To: GPlates general discussion mailing list
Subject: Re: [GPlates-discuss] Gplates Compilation Error - GDAL

Hi Loic,

This is fixed in GPlates 2.1 (coming very soon – maybe subscribe to GPlates-announce). And successfully compiles on Debian 9.4 stable.

The compile error is because GPlates 2.0 does not support GDAL 2.x, also there are some other compile errors fixed in GPlates 2.1 (mentioned in a recent GPlates discuss thread last month).

Regards,

John