[GPlates-discuss] openGL error

Andrew Parsons andrew.parsons at earth.ox.ac.uk
Tue Jan 9 23:49:15 AEDT 2018

Hi,

I keep getting an error whenever i click on 'Import 3D scalar field':

"Error: Cannot import or render scalar fields on this graphics hardware - necessary OpenGL funcitonality missing"

Take a look at the attached jpegs for the full message. Please can you tell me if there is anything I can do to fix this issue? Based on what the error message says it looks like the only fix would be to get a better graphics card - is this correct?

If so, please can you tell what specifications of graphics card I need to load 3d scalar fields

Cheers
Andy