[GPlates-discuss] Flow lines and ridge jumps

Mark Brandon mark.brandon at yale.edu
Fri Dec 21 09:50:18 AEDT 2018

Nicky and others,
Given this discussion about flow lines, it may be useful to ask how one might construct "synthetic isochrons" in GPlates.
The review paper linked below has a discussion about this idea.

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/AMWFC91ZkQtjNYV0UoJMX7?domain=cambridge.org

The objective is nearly identical to producing an grid for plate age. To ask more directly: Is there a simple way to create synthetic isochrons in GPlates?
Best,
Mark