[GPlates-discuss] Linking two or more rotation files

John Cannon john.cannon at sydney.edu.au
Fri Jun 9 21:56:02 AEST 2017

Hi Christian,

Yes, can both add prioritisation to the "Merge reconstruction tree layers" dialog and also have another dialog so user can change priorities after merging layers.

> Ah - what would also be great is to be able to save the merged rotation files/layers as one new file...

That sounds good, but it gets a bit tricky with the the GROT format ( http://www.gplates.org/grot/ ) due to merging the global header metadata (this will also end up in the regular ".rot" files). It might be better for user to concatenate their rotation files in a text editor.

Regards,
John