[GPlates-discuss] tristan hotspot track

Zhitu Ma zhitu_ma at brown.edu
Thu Apr 13 08:16:54 AEST 2017

Hi all,

I am trying to use GPlate to compute the hotspot track for Tristan.

I place a seed point at the current location of the Tristan hotspot, then I create a new feature as motion path.  I set the Plate ID to be 1 and the relative Plate ID to be 701.  I set the time from 90 My to current.

I do get a track but it doesn’t seem to follow the topography shown by the gravity raster file.  I am wondering if anyone knows what happen?  Maybe I missed something very simple here.

All the files I am using are from the GPlate Feature collection and Rasters folders.

Thanks!
Zhitu Ma