[GPlates-discuss] Cross-overs in v2.0

Dietmar Muller dietmar.muller at sydney.edu.au
Wed Nov 30 19:53:54 AEDT 2016

Hi Christian,

What he means (I think) is that cross-overs had to fixed manually in the past when a plate model is changed in such a way that existing cross-overs are affected and have to be re-computed.

A semi-automated cross-over fixing functionality is now built into the public beta release of the pyGPlates python library:

http://www.gplates.org/docs/pygplates/

as described here:

http://www.gplates.org/docs/pygplates/generated/pygplates.find_crossovers.html

You can download pyGPates from here:

http://www.gplates.org/download.html

You’ll need a python installation on your computer for it to work, e.g.:

https://www.continuum.io/downloads

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dietmar

On 30/11/2016 7:48 pm, "GPlates-discuss on behalf of Christian.Heine at shell.com<mailto:Christian.Heine at shell.com>" <gplates-discuss-bounces at mailman.sydney.edu.au<mailto:gplates-discuss-bounces at mailman.sydney.edu.au> on behalf of Christian.Heine at shell.com<mailto:Christian.Heine at shell.com>> wrote:

Hi Lester,

can you elaborate what you mean with "crossovers handled properly"? AFAIK GPlates never really had problems with crossovers (if they were put in correctly) unless I've missed something.

Cheers,
Christian