[GPlates-discuss] Transferring existing Gplates settings when installing new versions

Eglington, Bruce bruce.eglington at usask.ca
Thu Nov 24 08:07:07 AEDT 2016

Hi
  Found it, saved the registry keys to a file on the drive, then imported after installing and everything worked fine. Only thing to remember is one needs to restart the computer after uninstall/install to clear the old key values and see the new ones.

Gplates 2 - really nice to be able to remember ones settings, including for symbology. Maybe you can add to remember things like background colour, graticule colours, etc too in a future release. Congratulations to the team who made all the improvements!

Cheers
   Bruce

Bruce Eglington (Ph.D.)
Murray Pyke Chair