[GPlates-discuss] How to check the min and max velocities in GPlates?

Nan Zhang nan.zhang at curtin.edu.au
Wed Jan 27 20:36:15 AEDT 2016

Thanks both of you!

Let me have a look the paper first.

Nan

-----Original Message-----
From: gplates-discuss-bounces at mailman.sydney.edu.au [mailto:gplates-discuss-bounces at mailman.sydney.edu.au] On Behalf Of Christian.Heine at shell.com
Sent: Wednesday, 27 January 2016 4:59 PM
To: gplates-discuss at mailman.sydney.edu.au
Subject: Re: [GPlates-discuss] How to check the min and max velocities in GPlates?

Hi Nan,

one simple way you could achive this is to dump the velocity files out (Reconstructions -> Export -> Add export -> Velocities), chose GMT (*.xy) as output and then batch process the output files with GMT's "gmt gmtinfo" (formerly minmax). This should leave you with a min/max for each reconstruction time step for the global files (ie NOT per plate).

Haven't read Sabin's paper to the level of detail on whether they provide a cook book recipe/workflow using GPlates, so there might be a better/more detailed explanation in the paper/blog entry.

Cheers,
Christian