[GPlates-discuss] Large rasters in GPlates 1.3 and GPML

Sabin Zahirovic sabin.zahirovic at sydney.edu.au
Mon Nov 11 21:40:20 AEDT 2013

Hi Lester,

I am unaware if the raster file size limit has been imposed. Today I loaded up a ~900 Mb netcdf grid of gravity anomalies into GPlates 1.3 and it worked fine. Could it be the memory limitations, or perhaps the graphics card having issues? I would try first deleting the existing GPlates cache files for this raster, and then re-import that raster using GPlates 1.3. If that does not work, perhaps you can send the crash log to one of the programmers. If at all possible, uploading the raster file itself would help reproduce the problem. But try the initial suggestions first.

The GPMLZ file is a compressed version of the GPML, so you are likely just seeing a whole bunch of hexadecimal code. To get the readable GPML, open the GPMLZ in GPlates, and save it out as a GPML using Manage Feature Collections > Save As > Select GPML and you should be fine.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Sabin

--

MR SABIN ZAHIROVIC | PhD Candidate
School of Geosciences | Faculty of Science

CRICOS 00026A
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.