[GPlates-discuss] "Fill polygons" question

Michael Landis mlandis at berkeley.edu
Wed Nov 6 13:17:54 AEDT 2013

Hi,

I would like to apply the "Fill polygons" option to the
Seton_etal_ESR2012_Coastlines_2012.1.gpmlz layer that is included with
GPlates 1.3. When I check the box, nothing happens, however it works
correctly for the Seton_etal_ESR2012_StaticPolygons_2012.1.gpmlz layer.
What's also strange is the "Fill polylines" option partially fills the
continents for the Coastlines layer but does nothing when applied to the
StaticPolygons layer.

Should both options work for both layers? Maybe the different layers use
different graphical objects, each of which requires a different fill
function?

I'm new to GPlates and am very impressed with it so far. Any help
generating filled continents would be appreciated!

Michael

--
Michael Landis
Graduate Student