[GPlates-discuss] improve raster resolution when export

John Cannon john.cannon at sydney.edu.au
Wed Apr 18 20:06:21 AEST 2012

Hi Guillaume,

It's not currently possible but we are planning to add an export option to specify the exported raster resolution (eg, 3600x1800 pixels).
Some internal tiled renderer work needs to be done before that can happen.

A not-so-good workaround is to make the globe or map view window as large as possible (such as using F11 for full-screen mode) and using a high-resolution monitor.
This is because the raster is exported at the pixel resolution of the view window.

We're also planning to add a 'numerical' raster export (eg, netCDF format) to go along with the current 'colour' raster export.

John