[Geodynamics] Postdoc position in numerical modelling of continental rifting

Buiter, Susanne susanne.buiter at tag.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Sep 22 02:54:20 AEST 2020

Dear all,

I am looking for someone interested in numerical modelling of continental rifting for a three-year postdoc position. Please find more information on the position, and how to apply, at the link below, but a short description is that the position will focus on numerical experiments of the initial stages of continental rifting, aiming to investigate interplays between inheritance, rheology and plate tectonic setting. Development of new numerical software is explicitly foreseen. Involvement in teaching and student supervision is expected - both of course to reasonable degree. I am only happy to answer questions about the position and suggest e-mail (susanne.buiter at tag.rwth-aachen.de<mailto:susanne.buiter at tag.rwth-aachen.de>) or phone as detailed in the pdf at the link.

I expect to be conducting interviews online, to limit travel in Corona times, but would like to reassure interested candidates that we will do what we can to provide them with relevant information about working at RWTH Aachen University and living in Aachen. There is equally some flexibility regarding the start date.

With best wishes,
Susanne Buiter

Postdoc in numerical modelling of continental rifting
Unit for Tectonics and Geodynamics
RWTH Aachen University
Jobnumber: 32537, Institutskennziffer: 531220
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/bFPYCP7LAXfzmVQWTzd0dS?domain=web-p.zhv.rwth-aachen.de