[Geodynamics] Rifts and Rifted Margins | Webinar Series

Sascha Brune brune at gfz-potsdam.de
Fri Jun 26 05:25:14 AEST 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to invite you to the second seminar in our series on “Rifts and Rifted Margins”. This one-hour webinar series features three talks every two weeks on a wide range of topics surrounding rift processes.

In order to avoid invitation spam, we will send future session schedules and zoom links to a dedicated webinar mailing list. To receive those, subscribe at https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/96dxC3QNPBi02EkJTg_EDs?domain=listserv.dfn.de <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/96dxC3QNPBi02EkJTg_EDs?domain=listserv.dfn.de>. In case you registered for the previous seminar you do not need to sign up, you should have received a subscription confirmation a few minutes ago.

Our second seminar will focus on ”Surface processes - affecting and recording rift tectonics”. It will take place next Monday, June 29th, 16:00 CEST. The webinar will be accessible through this link: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/t8MaC4QOPEi3lvVQTx1ryw?domain=uni-potsdam.zoom.us <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/t8MaC4QOPEi3lvVQTx1ryw?domain=uni-potsdam.zoom.us> (Please register first in order to receive the actual Zoom link). This time we are happy to host these excellent presentations:

16:00-16:15 CEST
Lisa McNeill (Univ. Southampton, UK): "Exploring the development of the young and highly active Corinth rift (Greece) using ocean drilling and marine geophysics"
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/raKkC5QPXJi46DJQuywz7p?domain=southampton.ac.uk <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/raKkC5QPXJi46DJQuywz7p?domain=southampton.ac.uk>

16:15-16:30 CEST
Stephen Watkins (Geneva Univ., Switzerland): “Straight from the source’s mouth: Controls on sediment export across an active rift, central Greece”
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/NpKWC6XQ4Lf8yBNAF5zTFw?domain=sites.google.com <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/NpKWC6XQ4Lf8yBNAF5zTFw?domain=sites.google.com>

16:30-16:45 CEST
Pietro Sternai (Univ. Milan, Italy): “Surface processes forcing on extensional rock melting"
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/BY_xC71R2NToZJgxTqBoFt?domain=sites.google.com <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/BY_xC71R2NToZJgxTqBoFt?domain=sites.google.com>

16:45-17:00 CEST
Group discussion.

Upcoming seminar:

July 13th, 16:00 CEST: Normal fault evolution and associated earthquakes
	• Bailey Lathrop (Imperial College London, UK)
	• Duna Roda-Boluda (GFZ Potsdam, Germany)
	• Zoe Mildon (Plymouth Univ., UK)

Looking forward to seeing you on Monday,

Sascha Brune (GFZ/Univ. Potsdam, Germany)
Susanne Buiter (RWTH Aachen, Germany)
Giacomo Corti (Florence Univ., Italy)
Rebecca Bell (Imperial College London, UK)
Gianreto Manatschal (Strasbourg Univ., France)

Sascha Brune
Head of Geodynamic Modelling Section
GFZ Potsdam
Albert-Einstein-Straße 42-46