[Geodynamics] two modeling postdoc positions in GFZ Potsdam

stephan stephan at gfz-potsdam.de
Thu Apr 2 19:59:15 AEDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to attract your attention to two modeling Postdoc positions
that we are opening in the Geodynamic Modeling Section in GFZ in the
framework of the 6-years ERC Synergy Grant Project that we have recently
got funded together with geochemists from France and USA. The successful
candidates will work in substantially interdisciplinary environment in
close cooperation between each other, other Section researchers,
geochemical partners of the ERC Project and with researchers of the
Surface Processes Modeling Section in GFZ.

The formal starting date is July 1-st, but starting at the end of this
year or beginning of the 2021 would be also fine. Positions are first
for 3 years with possible extension till the end of the project in year
2026.

Below is the short description of the Project and positions and
corresponding links.

Please pass this message to those who may be interested.

Many thanks.

Best regards and stay healthy!

Stephan

-----------

The ERC Synergy Grant Project MEET (Monitoring of Earth Evolution
through Time) teem based at Section of Geodynamic Modeling at GFZ
Potsdam is opening two modeling postdoc positions for 3 years with
possible extension to the end of the project in 2026.

An ERC (European Research Council) Synergy Grant is the top prestigious
research grant in Europe. Grant winner of 2019 Project MEET combines
innovative geochemical and petrological studies of evolution of chemical
composition of Earth’s crust and mantle from 4.4 billion years ago to
present and physics-based geodynamic modeling of Earth’s deep and with
surface processes.

*Postdoc Position 1. Modeling of Early Earth Dynamics.*
Details and application at:link2
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/JXr2CWLVXkUX7jXqh6G1pi?domain=gfz-potsdam.concludis.de>

*Postdoc Position 2. Modeling of Interplay of Deep and Surface processes
in Plate Tectonics.*
Details and application at:link1
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/QRW3CXLW2mUDvnDKuVGfLK?domain=gfz-potsdam.concludis.de>

In addition to the advanced geodynamic modeling we will establish
cutting-edge routines linking physical processes to geochemical
parameters, in cooperation with the geochemical groups of MEET Project
in Grenoble (France) and in Madison (USA).

We particularly welcome applications of modelers having substantial
experience working with ASPECT, StagYY and UNDERWORLD codes.

Stephan V. Sobolev
Helmholtz-Centre Potsdam
German Research Centre for Geosciences- GFZ
Section 2.5 Geodynamic Modeling
Professor for Geodynamics, Institute of Geosciences
University of Potsdam
Telegrafenberg //////////////////Tel: +49 331 288 1940/
14473 Potsdam ///////////////////////// Fax: +49 331 2881938
Germany ///////////////////////email: stephan at gfz-potsdam.de
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/unfSCYW8NocpR3plS9_voo?domain=gfz-potsdam.de modeling/
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/B5TeCZY1Nqi8ZM8gFyH2eR?domain=scholar.google.de
Office /////////////////Albert Einstein Strasse A46,Room 204