[Geodynamics] EGU 2019: Early Earth: Dynamics, Geology, Chemistry and Life in the Archean Earth/ GD1.2/AS4.61/BG5.4/CL1.01/GMPV1.6/TS1.6

Ria Fischer rfischer at geomar.de
Mon Dec 31 19:23:38 AEDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

we would like to draw your attention to our multidisciplinary EGU
session*Early Earth: Dynamics, Geology, Chemistry and Life in the
Archean Earth (
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/xzjQC6X13RtJOr13hpFIR9?domain=meetingorganizer.copernicus.org>**GD1.2/AS4.61/BG5.4/CL1.01/GMPV1.6/TS1.6)*
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/xzjQC6X13RtJOr13hpFIR9?domain=meetingorganizer.copernicus.org> and hope
to see you at the EGU General Assembly (7.-12. April 2019).

Please note that the *deadline for abstract submission* is *10. January
2019* and *early-registration* is *28. February 2019*.

We look forward to seeing you in Vienna.
Kind regards,

Ria Fischer
Peter A. Cawood
Nicholas Gardiner
Antoine Rozel
Jeroen van Hunen

*Session GD1.2/AS4.61/BG5.4/CL1.01/GMPV1.6/TS1.6**
**"Early Earth: Dynamics, Geology, Chemistry and Life in the Archean
Earth"**
*Processes responsible for formation and development of the early Earth
(> 2500Ma) are not
well understood and strongly debated, reflecting in part the poorly
preserved, altered, and
incomplete nature of the geological record from this time.
In this session we encourage the presentation of new approaches and
models for the development of Earth's early crust and mantle and their
methods of interaction. We encourage contributions from the study of the
preserved rock archive as well as geodynamic models of crustal and
mantle dynamics so as to better understand the genesis and evolution of
continental crust and the stabilization of cratons.
We invite abstracts from a large range of disciplines including
geodynamics, geology, geochemistry, and petrology but also studies of
early atmosphere, biosphere and early life relevant to this period of
Earth history.

*Dr. Ria Fischer* <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/PqQaC71ZgLtYpAQPiWAQgC?domain=geomar.de>
Seafloor Modelling Group
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/sJHFC81Zj6tgv6zJH2lqWA?domain=geomar.de>
GEOMAR
Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel
Wischhofstr. 1-3, Geb. 12
24148 Kiel, Germany
T +49 431 600 2843
rfischer at geomar.de <mailto:rfischer at geomar.de>