[Geodynamics] 2nd Asia-Pacific Workshop on Lithosphere and Mantle Dynamics

Dietmar Muller dietmar.muller at sydney.edu.au
Wed Nov 15 13:10:07 AEDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

The 2nd Asia-Pacific Workshop on Lithosphere and Mantle Dynamics will be held at Yokohama during 6th to 8th of August, 2018.

The Asia-Pacific Workshop on Lithosphere and Mantle Dynamics, first held at
Taipei in 2016, aims at gathering the Asia-Pacific community of researchers in
lithosphere and mantle dynamics, seismology, mineral physics, and geochemistry
to stimulate discussion and collaborative works. The 2nd workshop, to be held
at Yokohama on August 2018, is planned to deepen discussions on:

  * Seismological imaging,
  * Earthquake seismology,
  * Mineral physics and geochemistry,
  * Geodynamics modeling,
  * Planetary Geophysics,
  * Ocean Floor Drilling and geology of subduction and collision zone.

The detailed information of the workshop can be found via:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/drxzBeu5mx6aH8?domain=agmt2018.html.xdomain.jp<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/drxzBeu5mx6aH8?domain=agmt2018.html.xdomain.jp>
where you can find the list of confirmed speakers as well as the tentative
program of the workshop. Your registration can be done from February to mid
July in 2018, while your abstract(s) should be submitted by August 1 in 2018.

We also appreciate an earlier contact with us by the end of coming April from
those who need a visa for their entry into Japan.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Yokohama in coming August.

Sincerely,
Masanori Kameyama, Takashi Nakagawa and Takashi Tonegawa
(on behalf of LOC members)