[Geodynamics] EGU2018 TS4.1 Actio-Reactio; from subducting slabs to shaping the surface

Fernandez Garcia Carlos carlos.fernandez-garcia at univ-rennes1.fr
Mon Dec 4 19:16:04 AEDT 2017

DEAR COLLEAGUES,

As you might know from your flooded e-mail inbox, the abstract submission
deadline for the EGU General Assembly 2018 is approaching. You may submit
your abstracts until Wednesday the 10th of January 2018.

We want to call your attention to the session TS4.1: ACTIO-REACTIO; FROM
SUBDUCTING SLABS TO SHAPING THE
SURFACE. https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/0RmgBrswvA3eC7?domain=meetingorganizer.copernicus.org

The aim of our session is to bridge the gap between model predictions and
observations by quantifying the surface response to plate deformation and
mantle dynamics (and vice versa).

We invite scientists from a wide range of disciplines (geodynamics,
geology, geomorphology, geophysics, climatology) with diverse research
areas and approaches (eg: numerical, physical modelling, field work) to
improve our understanding on the interplay between deep and surface
processes on subduction topography.

As keynote speakers, we count on the presence of:

JOãO C. DUARTE (Lisbon University)

/“Geodynamic physical models of subduction with an overriding plate and
an interplate rheology “/

JEREMY CAVES (ETH Zurich)

/“Tracking interactions of the westerly jet and topography: uplift of the
Tian Shan and Altai “/

We look forward to your submissions.

Cheers,

The conveners: