[Geodynamics] EGU session: Mantle dynamics in the Earth and other planetary bodies

Paul Tackley ptackley at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 8 00:48:28 AEDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

We encourage you to consider submitting an abstract to our session at the European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2016. We hope for a stimulating interdisciplinary mix of presentations:

GD3.1/PS9.4/SM6.12   Mantle dynamics in the Earth and other planetary bodies

This session welcomes contributions that address the structure, dynamics and evolution of the mantle, and its interaction with the outer shells of the Earth and other planetary bodies, on temporal scales ranging from the present day to billions of years, and on spatial scales from kilometers to global.

Contributions may use one or more approaches including seismology, geodynamical modelling, satellite observation, geodesy, geochemistry, mineral physics and petrology; multidisciplinary studies are particularly encouraged.

With best regards from the conveners,
 Paul Tackley, Christine Thomas, Stephanie Werner, Sebastian Merkel