[ASA] Registration Open for Stars in Brisbane & 10th Australian Exoplanet Workshop

Benjamin Pope b.pope at uq.edu.au
Mon Jul 15 15:04:33 AEST 2024

Dear colleagues,

Registration is free and open until 1 August<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/QgU9Cp81lrtQGLnq5IPpxsU?domain=forms.office.com> for the Stars in Brisbane<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/BrG-Cq71mwfLDr8n9fXW6E_?domain=stars.org.au> and 10th Australian Exoplanet Workshop<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/bHGcCr81nytwpj87xc4tscZ?domain=exoplanets.au>, held back-to-back at the Springfield Campus of the University of Southern Queensland<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/vcplCvl1rKiOGg7qvcAIglw?domain=maps.app.goo.gl> in Brisbane from 4-8 November.

Stars in Brisbane, is the 4th workshop in the “Stars in …” series, following on from Stars in Melbourne. The series is designed as an Australian conference covering all areas of stellar physics, encompassing theory and observation in asteroseismology, stellar activity, stellar evolution, clusters and population studies, and the physics of evolved stars and supernovae.

The AEW conference series brings together Australian researchers working on exoplanets and related topics from both observational and theoretical perspectives. The workshop will cover all areas in observational, theoretical, and experimental exoplanetary science: we welcome talks on exoplanet surveys and discovery, atmospheric observation and theory, orbital dynamics, protoplanetary discs and planet formation, planetary host stars and star-planet interactions, and solar system planetary science.

Registration is free<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/QgU9Cp81lrtQGLnq5IPpxsU?domain=forms.office.com>, and you are welcome to attend one or both conferences. Participants are encouraged to give a short presentation on their recent research & research facilities. There will also be an opportunity to discuss strategies for increasing linkages and collaborations to expand this critical research area in the future and for greater connections between stars and planet research.

Kind regards,

Orsola De Marco (SOC Chair, Stars)
Benjamin Pope (SOC Chair, Exoplanets)
Belinda Nicholson (LOC Chair)

Key dates

Registration deadline: 1 August

Abstract submission: 1 September

Programme finalised: 1 October

--------------

Dr Benjamin Pope

(he/him)

BSc (Hons), MSc (Syd), DPhil (Oxon)

UQ Amplify Fellow & Senior Lecturer in Astrophysics

School of Mathematics & Physics

The University of Queensland

Brisbane Qld 4072 Australia

T +61 7 7000 7000 M +61 000 000 000

E b.pope at uq.edu.au<mailto:brand at uq.edu.au> W benjaminpope.github.io<https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/izm4CwV1vMf07QGkoF1vx6Y?domain=benjaminpope.github.io>

CRICOS 00025B • TEQSA PRV12080

The University of Queensland (UQ) acknowledges the Traditional Owners and their custodianship of the lands on which UQ operates. We pay our respects to their Ancestors and their descendants, who continue cultural and spiritual connections to Country. We recognise their valuable contributions to Australian and global society.

UQ ALLY Supporting and celebrating the diversity of sexuality, gender and sex at UQ.