[ASA] [ASA2024] Experience Spatial + a chance to win a VR headset

Moss, Vanessa (S&A, Marsfield) Vanessa.Moss at csiro.au
Thu May 23 11:56:24 AEST 2024

Dear all,

As previously mentioned, part of the online-first experience for ASA2024 will make use of a VR-enabled immersive platform. The platform we will be using is called Spatial, and has been chosen because of its cross-platform compatibility (working on web browser, VR headset and mobile phone app), its general functionality/usability and its connection to Unity as a development platform. The Spatial environment is being developed by “The Future of Meetings” (TFOM) community of practice as a partner of the ASA2024 NOC.

TFOM has also partnered with the IAU Office for Astronomy Outreach to construct a virtual gallery exhibit in Spatial for two free astrophotography events taking place next week on 27th/28th May 2024. These events will highlight the smartphone category winners of the Third IAU OAE Astrophotography Contest.

You can find out more and register here:
https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/w_FICQnMBZfB3V25KTxJTHR?domain=tickettailor.com
(note the event times are in UTC/GMT - please convert the times of the events when registering to your local time!)

To celebrate these events and as an encouragement for members of the ASA community to take part and experience Spatial prior to the ASM, we will be offering the chance to win a VR headset for those who attend one of the IAU OAO events.

The requirements are:

  *
Must be registered as an attendee of ASA2024
  *
Must be registered to attend IAU OAO event with the same email address
  *
Live verification by a TFOM representative during one of the IAU OAO events

The prizes on offer are:

  *
1 x Meta Quest 2 VR headset (randomly drawn)
  *
5 x $25 prize vouchers for ASA2024 branded merchandise (randomly drawn)

We hope you will take the chance to celebrate these amazing photos along with our IAU colleagues, and also experience the Spatial platform ahead of the ASA ASM in June.

You can find out more about ASA2024 and register via the website:
https://url.au.m.mimecastprotect.com/s/dvnRCROND2unRYMApUNzK5z?domain=icrar.org

Thanks,
Vanessa
On behalf of the NOC