[ASA] Registration for the ASA Annual Science Meeting and Harley-Wood School for Astronomy now open!
richard.mcdermid at mq.edu.au
Tue May 16 12:53:17 AEST 2023
We are pleased to announce that registration for the ASA Annual Science Meeting and Harley-Wood School for Astronomy is now open!
To register for the Annual Science Meeting, please use the following link: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/GVL1CMwGxOt2R7QYZuw5r26?domain=event.mq.edu.au
** Early bird registration closes on May 31st! **
To register for the Harley-Wood School, please use the following link: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/TsRACNLJyQUZEz2pBS4OH4Y?domain=event.mq.edu.au
** HWSA registration closes June 9th! **
Annual Science Meeting (ASM)
As part of the ASM registration, you will be given a number of options, including:
- ASM Attendance Mode: You can attend the ASM in person, or online. Online participants will access the various sessions using Zoom. We will also be using Slack as a way of participating with speakers, other participants, etc. Slack details will be made available to registrants before the meeting.
- ASM Data Training: As part of this year’s science meeting, we are very fortunate to be able to offer some added-value training in data science techniques for astronomers, courtesy of ADACS. This will be available to both in-person and online attendees, and comes in two parts:
1. A single session giving an introductory overview of contemporary data techniques
2. A three-session ‘deep dive’ into these techniques, with opportunities for hands-on experience.
In-person sessions will be run in the morning prior to the main meeting sessions, with a hybrid option. The training will be repeated online in the late afternoon for online-only participants, after the main meeting sessions.
- Chapter Meetings and Lunch-Time Town Halls: You can let us know if you plan to attend various ASA Chapter meetings and Town Halls via the registration process.
- ASM Conference Dinner (in person only): The conference dinner is planned for Thursday July 6th, and will be held at the lovely Doltone House Hyde Park<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/UzNMCOMKzVTN0M6kKtkp2Do?domain=doltonehouse.com.au> in the Sydney CBD. The dinner is a separate cost, but tickets are purchased as part of the registration process, and itemised separately on the registration invoice.
- Childcare: You can indicate your childcare needs as part of the registration process.
Note that morning and afternoon coffee breaks and attendance of the welcome reception (held on Monday evening) are included in the registration fee. Lunch can be purchased from the many food vendors available near the meeting venue on the Macquarie campus.
More details, including registration fees, can be found on the ASM website: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/B1zXCP7LAXf0oP7nxsjxKGl?domain=asa2023.org<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/B1zXCP7LAXf0oP7nxsjxKGl?domain=asa2023.org/>. (Please note that the preliminary schedule of talks and events will be announced very soon!)
Harley-Wood School for Astronomy (HWSA)
Postgraduate students and early career researchers are invited to convene for the Harley Wood School of Astronomy, occurring on the weekend before the ASA Annual Scientific Meeting. Macquarie University students are honoured to run the coordination of this year’s event.
Two days of the event will include a program of presentations and discussions focused on the main theme:
State-of-the-art facilities: What science can you do with them and how?
Our speakers will cover a range of topics, including new and upcoming optical and radio telescopes, proposal writing, data analysis, research funding and the use of supercomputers, providing participants with new skills and knowledge to add to their research toolkits.
Dates: 4pm Friday June 30th - 2pm Sunday July 2nd
Location: Wollongong Surf Leisure Resort, 201 Pioneer Road Fairy Meadow New South Wales 2519
This year we are have two ticket options:
- HWSA Attendance + Accommodation ($650)
- HWSA Attendance + NO Accommodation ($450)
Both ticket types include all meals from Friday dinner to Sunday lunch.
More information on the registration, speakers and transport to and from the venue can be found on the HWSA webpage: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/_kikCQnMBZfX3Y5LWhrjS8E?domain=asa2023.org
Please also feel free to circulate this email within your networks.
Richard McDermid, Elizabeth Mahony, Joanne Dawson
On behalf of the ASM LOC and SOC
Kateryna Andrych, Elizabeth Cappellazzo
On behalf of the HWSA organisers
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ASA