[ASA] Call for Participants: The Future of Observational Astronomers

Christopher Fluke cfluke at swin.edu.au
Mon Mar 27 08:42:11 AEDT 2023

Dear ASA Members,

Call for Participants: The Future of Observational Astronomers

Are you a researcher or postgraduate student working in the broad field of Observational Astronomy?

By contributing less than 10 minutes of your time to complete an anonymous online survey, you will help to improve understanding of current practices and future changes in your profession relating to: (1) the level of in-person involvement in data collection; and (2) the use of automation to assist with research activities.

Further details and the survey questions are at: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/s-v1CD1vlpToBJyRqCWmxSp?domain=tinyurl.com

The survey will close on Monday 8 May 2023.

We would be grateful if you can pass on this advertisement to your colleagues, so that we can extend the reach of the survey.

This research has received ethics approval by or on behalf of Swinburne University of Technology's Human Research Ethics Committee (SUHREC) in line with the Australian National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research.

Questions about this project should be directed to:

Prof Christopher Fluke

Phone: +61 3 9214 5828

E-mail: cfluke at swin.edu.au<mailto:cfluke at swin.edu.au>

Thanks

Christopher Fluke, Hugo Walsh (PhD Student), Sara Webb, and Lisa Wise

Swinburne University of Technology

Prof. Christopher Fluke
E-mail: cfluke at swin.edu.au<mailto:cfluke at swin.edu.au>

Swinburne University of Technology
CRICOS number 00111D
SmartSat Professorial Chair
Space System Real-time Data Fusion, Integration and Cognition
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/QIOICE8wmrtlW0YQLFw4KlA?domain=smartsatcrc.com
Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/WiJ_CGv0oyCBJO6VkFpo3sk?domain=astronomy.swin.edu.au