[ASA] ESO La Silla Paranal Users Workshop for P112 - Friday 3 March 2023

stuart.ryder at astronomyaustralia.org.au stuart.ryder at astronomyaustralia.org.au
Mon Feb 27 09:31:40 AEDT 2023

The Call for Proposals for ESO Period 112 (Oct 2023 - Mar 2024) is expected
to be issued later this week, with a proposal deadline in the last week of
March. ESO is offering a short session to present the material needed to
write a proposal for the La Silla Paranal Observatory. This session will
take place online Friday 3 March 2023 at 10:00pm AEDT (7:00pm AWST), using
the MS Teams platform. This 1.5-hour session will cover the following
topics:

*	News and changes in P112
*	VLT/I-ALMA joint proposals from the VLT/I and from the ALMA
perspective
*	New instruments: ERIS and NIRPS
*	Distributed Peer Review (DPR) and Phase 1 tool updates.

Finally, there will be the possibility for anyone present to ask questions
on the various aspects of proposal preparation.

Further details are available on the workshop website
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/pScDC6XQ4LfopP8P6upodHq?domain=eso.org> . There is
no registration fee for this event.
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/hw34C71R2NTm8zozXFW7p6k?domain=eso.org
stration-open.html> Registration is suggested if you want to receive further
information, but is not mandatory. The link to the meeting will be made
public on the event's website a few days before the event.

______________________________

Dr. Stuart Ryder
Program Manager (Mon, Wed, Fri)
Astronomy Australia Ltd.

T: +61 (02) 9372 4843

M: +61 (0419) 970834
E:  <mailto:stuart.ryder at astronomyaustralia.org.au>
stuart.ryder at astronomyaustralia.org.au

W:  <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/VU2XC81V0PTj2XLX5T2p0C3?domain=astronomyaustralia.org.au> https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/7F7LC91WPRTmlz9zWFOAMeZ?domain=astronomyaustralia.org.au

O: c/o AAO, 105 Delhi Rd, North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia

AAL endeavours to be an environmentally sustainable organisation built upon
equity, diversity and mutual respect for its staff and stakeholders.