[ASA] Total Solar Eclipse April 20 2023

John Lattanzio john.lattanzio at monash.edu
Thu Feb 16 14:57:49 AEDT 2023

Dear Colleagues

As we near the date of the upcoming total solar eclipse it is likely that
many of us will be asked for details. The ASA has prepared an informative
website <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/tezBCMwGxOt5K36YrswUk1m?domain=eclipse.asa.astronomy.org.au>. The site is being
updated regularly
with additional material. However it is certainly ready for widespread use
and I recommend it to you as a good port of call for eclipse information
(and with links to more detail than most of us would want!).

Of course our EPOC Chapter is another useful resource - please contact the
Chair Jackie Bondell with any questions that the website does not answer.

Best wishes to all

John Lattanzio

P. S. Very sincere thanks to Terry Cuttle for his help with many of the
details on the webpage. Terry is a member of the ASA and a member of the
IAU Working Group on eclipses. And thanks to our Webmaster Nick Smith!

--

*I'm an LGBTIQ Ally**      -     Find out more at **https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/GcgjCNLJyQUNK3MpWS4Q6QU?domain=monash.edu
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/4Ba-COMKzVTAVx2k8ckgvSD?domain=monash.edu>

Professor John Lattanzio
President, Astronomical Society of Australia

School of Physics and Astronomy
Monash University Victoria 3800 AUSTRALIA

Ph:  +61 (0)3 9905-4428
WWW: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/iU4gCP7LAXf4YX5nwcj9J3C?domain=users.monash.edu.au <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/dCslCQnMBZf6GPNLQirXZ3B?domain=maths.monash.edu.au>
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/9kBDCROND2ur9WgX6cohYdM?domain=orcid.org

---------

"*When you arrive in Heaven, you’ll have to leave your dog outside the
gate. That’s because Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would
stay out and your dog would go in.*"   Mark Twain

Mr Twain is no fool. He may serve Her Majesty Queen Minkah I.
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/cvJ1CVARKgClryP8JsW-kLI?domain=minkah.net>