[ASA] Congratulations to Matthew Colless

John Lattanzio john.lattanzio at monash.edu
Thu Jan 26 10:07:01 AEDT 2023

Dear All,
    I am sure you will join me in congratulating Matthew Colless on being
awarded as an Officer (AO) in today's Australian Honours list.

The citation reads:

*" For distinguished service to scientific research, particularly to
astronomy and astrophysics, and to professional societies."*

This recognises many years of dedicated service from Matthew on behalf of
all Australian astronomy.
Congratulations Matthew!

The full list can be found here
<https://www.gg.gov.au/australia-day-2023-honours-list>.

Best wishes to all
John Lattanzio

--

*I'm an LGBTIQ Ally**      -     Find out more at **https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/GwQICL7EwMfPZmlkLtBfpYB?domain=monash.edu
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/h6sJCMwGxOt5ARv2jukNJXw?domain=monash.edu>

Professor John Lattanzio
President, Astronomical Society of Australia

School of Physics and Astronomy
Monash University Victoria 3800 AUSTRALIA

Ph:  +61 (0)3 9905-4428
WWW: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/-qo8CNLJyQUNGEwZofjCMxo?domain=users.monash.edu.au <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/TpZCCOMKzVTAy0EN3crXkHB?domain=maths.monash.edu.au>
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/4MoaCP7LAXf4koJ0Qf6J2ic?domain=orcid.org

---------

"*When you arrive in Heaven, you’ll have to leave your dog outside the
gate. That’s because Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would
stay out and your dog would go in.*"   Mark Twain

Mr Twain is no fool. He may serve Her Majesty Queen Minkah I.
<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/DjAfCQnMBZf6y3JX7TATb0E?domain=minkah.net>