[ASA] Machine Learning in Australian Astronomy: Surveying training needs

Sarah Brough s.brough at unsw.edu.au
Thu Sep 1 10:43:20 AEST 2022

Dear ASA Members,

At the 2022 ASA annual science meeting, we had a break-out discussion
about the need for machine learning in astronomy including both: what
people are currently doing currently and what people want to do. As a
result of this discussion we identified that many people were interested
in using ML in their research but were unsure about where to start. One
solution that was proposed is that some training be developed to meet
the needs of the community at large.

As members of the Australian astronomy community, we would like to
survey your training needs to determine how many people are interested
in receiving training and a broad picture of the type of training that
is needed. The survey is short, just 8 multiple choice/checkbox-type
questions and 1 longer form option and should only take you 5 mins to
complete.

Please complete this form by *5pm Friday September 23rd*.

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/zraaCBNqjlCV1KBGxsz4XeO?domain=forms.gle

Regards, Sarah

Professor Sarah Brough
Australian Science Lead for LSST
AD: #130, Old Main Building (K15) | UNSW Sydney | NSW 2052 | Australia
PH: +61 2 9065 2579

I am sending this message now because it suits me.  I don’t expect that you will read, respond to, or action it outside of your regular working hours.