[ASA] USYD postdoctoral position in Astronomical Instrumentation / Photonics / Interferometry

John O'Byrne john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au
Wed Jul 27 16:48:02 AEST 2022

Hi Everyone

If you know anyone looking for a postdoctoral place in Astronomical Instrumentation / Photonics / Interferometry, please let them know about the job open now at the University of Sydney, Australia. The details are all in the job Ad links:

  *   Advertisement at University of Sydney<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/EeRwCVARKgCl4KrYXIG5v5I?domain=usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com>
  *   Ad in the AAS job register<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Z64iCWLVXkUjpY7Vxtx0lTO?domain=jobregister.aas.org>

In a nutshell, this job is in support of our innovative GLINT interferometer that is installed within the extreme AO system at Subaru telescope. It is for 2 years initially but will likely run significantly longer as funding allows. The work consists of developing and testing novel photonic and bulk-optic technologies for high precision astronomy (at Sydney), integrating them on sky (at Subaru telescope in Hawaii), then in developing codes for optimal processing the science data.

Cheers

Peter Tuthill peter.tuthill at sydney.edu.au<mailto:peter.tuthill at sydney.edu.au>
Barnaby Norris barnaby.norris at sydney.edu.au<mailto:barnaby.norris at sydney.edu.au>

—————————————————————————
"The standard you walk past is the standard you accept”

ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR JOHN O’BYRNE (he/him)
Associate Dean (Student Life), Faculty of Science
Secretary, Astronomical Society of Australia Inc.
Sydney Institute for Astronomy | School of Physics | Faculty of Science

THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY
Rm 205, Physics Building A28
T +61 2 9351 3184  (forwarded when off campus)
E john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au<mailto:john.obyrne at sydney.edu.au>  | W  https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/2sCdCXLW2mUn6NvWGfD7ISV?domain=sydney.edu.au
My work hours may differ from yours. If you receive this email out of hours, please don’t feel obliged to reply. Work-life balance is important.