[ASA] FW: BREAKING NEWS: James Webb Telescope First Images - your help needed

Anna Moore Anna.Moore at anu.edu.au
Mon Jul 11 16:21:08 AEST 2022

Hi everyone,

The Australian Science Media Centre is requesting JWST first-light quotes from astronomers across the country. Last time they reached out (about the launch), only Lisa Kewley and myself were included in a sea of non-diversity which regrettably did little to celebrate our community, so I specifically seek to encourage a broad range of voices to respond to celebrate this monumental occasion.

I’ve included the details below, and if you sign up, they will keep the requests coming directly in future.

Best,

Professor Anna M. Moore
Director, ANU Institute for Space (InSpace)
Vice-Chancellor’s Entrepreneurial Professor
Australian Space Awards Female Leader of the Year
AFR Top 100 Women of Influence
anna.moore at anu.edu.au<mailto:anna.moore at anu.edu.au>

For fastest response kindly contact
Lisa O’Farrell
Executive Assistant to Professor Anna Moore
The Institute for Space (InSpace)
121 Marcus Clarke, Ground Floor
The Australian National University
Canberra ACT 2600

+61 2 6125 4629
lisa.ofarrell at anu.edu.au<mailto:lisa.ofarrell at anu.edu.au>

CRICOS Provider 00120C | ABN:52 234 063 906

The Australian National University acknowledges, celebrates and pays our respects to the Ngunnawal and Ngambri people of the Canberra region and to all First Nations Australians on whose traditional lands we meet and work, and whose cultures are among the oldest continuing cultures in human history.

[signature_1999196048]