[ASA] DYNAMITE Workshop - Expression of interest

Giulia Santucci g.santucci at unsw.edu.au
Fri Jun 17 14:53:36 AEST 2022

Dear ASA members,

We would like to advertise the DYNAMITE workshop, in collaboration with the stellar dynamics group at the University of Vienna. The  workshop will be held in Perth (UWA), 5th-9th December 2022. There is no registration fee to attend the workshop.

Register your interest here: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/xsVwCVARKgClmPzGmcGEGJu?domain=forms.gle by the 8th of July 2022.

The workshop will be aimed at making dynamical fitting and modelling more accessible to the broader astronomical community. Face-to-face attendance is encouraged, but we will provide remote access to interested people.

Schwarzschild dynamical models, while successfully used for numerous scientific projects over the last 15 years, were only recently used to model a large number of galaxies (first used for ~300 galaxies from the CALIFA survey, ~150 from the MaNGA survey and ~160 from the SAMI surveys). With new data coming from state-of-the-art IFS surveys such as MAGPI and HECTOR, being able to exploit all the information we can derive from good quality data is crucial. DYNAMITE (DYnamics, Age and Metallicity Indicators Tracing Evolution) is a next generation implementation of the Schwarzschild technique for orbit-based dynamical modelling of stellar systems. DYNAMITE’s great versatility makes it the perfect tool for a vast variety of projects and astronomical fields. This workshop will provide the tools to enable scientists to use such a powerful technique in their research, maximising their research outputs.

We look forward to seeing you all in Perth!

Best regards,

Giulia

Dr Giulia Santucci (she/her)
Postdoctoral Research Associate
International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR)
University of Western Australia
I sent this email at a time that is convenient for me. I do not expect a response outside of your normal working hours.