[ASA] GaiaUnlimited community workshop

Andrew Casey andrew.casey at monash.edu
Thu May 12 09:53:25 AEST 2022

Dear all,

Please see the message below from Anthony Brown (Gaia/DPAC Chair & PI) about the first GaiaUnlimited community workshop.

If you use Gaia data, or intend to, this workshop could be invaluable for you.

cheers
Andy

—

Dear colleague,

>From September 13 to 15 2022 the first GaiaUnlimited community workshop will
take place in Heidelberg, Germany. The GaiaUnlimited project
(https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/lcebCXLW2mUnOEJzZi6ke3o?domain=gaia-unlimited.org) aims at determining the Gaia survey selection
function and providing corresponding data and tools.

The workshop's theme is the Gaia selection function and how to use it. This
event will be a three-day workshop and unconference, where we will discuss and
learn from each other about the finer details of the Gaia selection function
and how to build and use it in various contexts. Participants will be working
with the new GaiaUnlimited selection function tools, for which we will assist
as needed, and we will improve them based on the feedback we'll receive. We
hope this workshop could lead to some new collaborations or initial joint
studies. We want to dedicate a significant amount of time to unconference
sessions and informal discussions.

You can sign up for the workshop here:

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/HUz6CYW8Noc3AV84XFGc8GN?domain=gaia-unlimited.github.io

There will be space for about 40 participants. Registration is open until July 1.

After selection based on the registration form, we will send out the
invitations to attend the workshop on July 15.

Best regards,
Anthony Brown
on behalf of the GaiaUnlimited team

—

—
Andy Casey
Australian Research Council DECRA Fellow

School of Physics and Astronomy
Office 114, 10 College Walk
Monash University VIC 3800
Australia