[ASA] Postdoctoral research fellowship at Monash University

Yeshe Fenner yeshefenner at swin.edu.au
Wed Jan 19 11:21:48 AEDT 2022

Dear colleagues:

Prof Ilya Mandel is advertising a postdoctoral research fellowship at
Monash University in Melbourne, Australia.

They have a dynamic group and welcome candidates with broad interests in
theoretical astrophysics. The position focuses on gravitational-wave
astronomy or high-energy astrophysics, including but not limited to:
- Gravitational-wave astrophysics and the interpretation of exciting new
data on binary neutron star and black hole mergers
- Modelling massive stellar and binary evolution
- The interpretation of high-energy astrophysical transients, including
tidal disruption events and gamma-ray bursts
- Astrostatistics, including gravitational-wave and LSST data analysis
- Stellar dynamics, X-ray binaries, test of gravity, …

Please see
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/tnmLC91WPRTkngvgMFodCg4?domain=careers.pageuppeople.com
for the full advertisement and application instructions.

Applications should be submitted online via the above URL and should
include a CV with a publication list and a statement of research interests.
Applicants should also arrange for three reference letters to be sent
directly to ilya.mandel _AT_ monash.edu .

The School of Physics and Astronomy at Monash University is strongly
committed to improving the diversity of our staff and students, and
promoting a culture of equity, fairness, respect and openness. Applications
from female candidates are highly encouraged.

The application deadline is *10 February, 2022*. The start date is
flexible.

Cheers,
Yeshe

*Dr Yeshe Fenner, PhD | Chief Operating OfficerARC Centre of Excellence for
Gravitational Wave Discovery (OzGrav)*Faculty of Science Engineering and
Technology
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218 Hawthorn Vic 3122
Ph +61 3 9214 8302 | Mobile: 0430 708 995

I acknowledge and pay respect to the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation
as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which Swinburne Campuses are
located.  I also acknowledge all Aboriginal and Torres Strait nations
across Australia, their Elders, Ancestors, cultures and heritage.