[ASA] "How To" Virtual Series Announcement

Nichole Barry nichole.barry at curtin.edu.au
Thu Dec 16 13:02:06 AEDT 2021

Dear ASA members,

The ASA Early Career Researcher Chapter Steering Committee is pleased to announce the virtual “How To” series, addressing some of the pressing topics relevant to our community. The series will consist of weekly live events held on Wednesday afternoon, from February 2nd through March 16th.

Please see our website<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/-REXCGv0oyC1Pjz4pIKyY1u?domain=asa-ecr.org> for details on each event and to register. Registration is required to receive email updates and Zoom information, and will be open till January 28th.

Schedule

Feb 2nd: How to write proposals: telescopes, supercomputing, and more
Learn from successful proposals from a variety of different facilities, including optical telescopes, radio telescopes, supercomputing, and software support.

Feb 9th: How to write an industry resume: interactive workshop
Join us in this interactive workshop to build your resume with the help of industry professionals.

Feb 16th: How to transition to industry: advice from astronomers in industry
Get advice from astronomers in industry on how to make the switch to industry jobs.

Feb 23rd: How to apply for an academic job
Join this session to hear experts from a variety of academic job tracks give advice on the most important elements of an academic application.

March 2nd: How to interview
Interviews can be the most stressful part of the application process; gain confidence with the advice of our industry and academic experts!

March 9th: Let’s talk mental health
Rather than having someone talk at you about mental health, come to our session to talk with someone about mental health.

March 16th: How to polish, publish, and cite code
Do you want to publish your code, but need some direction?

Best Regards,

Nichole Barry (on behalf of the ASA ECR Steering Committee)
Forrest Fellow | Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy

Curtin University
Mobile | +61 402 414 329
Email | nichole.barry at curtin.edu.au<mailto:nichole.barry at curtin.edu.au>

[cid:ece897b1-a580-4fcc-92a2-1e1066ef3ff4]

CRICOS Provider Code 00301J