[ASA] Second announcement: “VLBI in the SKA era” symposium (14-18 February 2022)

Heald, George (S&A, Kensington WA) George.Heald at csiro.au
Fri Oct 8 16:37:55 AEDT 2021

VLBI in the SKA Era
14-18 February 2022

We are pleased to open event registration and abstract submission for the upcoming symposium “VLBI in the SKA era”, to be held in a virtual format from 14-18 February 2022. We invite you to register via the event website:
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/vxgxCL7EwMfRBzOyZiBlNAA?domain=whova.com
The abstract submission deadline is 19 November 2021, and there is no registration fee. Further information is provided below.

Virtual format:
We will hold the meeting on the Whova platform, which provides a rich meeting experience with built-in capability for communicating with other participants. When you register, you will receive a confirmation email that includes links to the meeting app, which you can use through your web browser and/or on a mobile device.

Abstract review:
Submitted abstracts will be anonymised for review, scored by the SOC, and allocated to either the talk or poster program. We are committed to diverse representation at all levels of the symposium organisation and participation. The program will be published online by 14 January 2022.

Accessibility Grants:
The organisers of this event are committed to fostering a fair, equitable and inclusive event that is accessible to anyone wishing to attend. We are pleased to be able to provide Accessibility Grants to reimburse the cost of technology and support that conference attendees may require to enable them to attend this conference. Grants are available up to an indicative value of AUD$250 per eligible attendee. Grants will be fully considered until the priority deadline (19 November), or when the budget is fully allocated. Further information is available on the event website<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/Oe-8CMwGxOtqBn8MAukHUax?domain=whova.com>.

Symposium outcomes:
Recordings of presentations and discussions will be available online after the sessions take place. There will be no conference proceedings, but the SOC will gather information from the symposium content, and lead the development of a white paper summarising the meeting outcomes.

Key dates:
8 October 2021 - Registration & abstract submission open
19 November 2021 - Abstract submission deadline
19 November 2021 - Priority deadline for accessibility grants
14 January 2022 - Symposium program published on event website
11 February 2022 - Registration deadline
14-18 February 2022 - Event dates

On behalf of the Scientific and Technical Organising Committees,
George Heald

--

George Heald (he/him)

CSIRO Senior Principal Research Scientist

ATNF Science Team Leader

W https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/eGYBCNLJyQU0kgxDGFjue92?domain=people.csiro.au

E george.heald at csiro.au T +61 8 6436 8758

26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington WA 6151, Australia