[ASA] Nominations for Education and Outreach Chapter Steering Committee

Jackie Bondell jbondell at swin.edu.au
Wed Jul 28 11:23:44 AEST 2021

Dear ASA Members,

This is a call to members of the ASA for nominations to serve on the Education and Public Outreach Chapter (EPOC) Steering Committee. Nominations are open for the following positions:

Ordinary Members

Student Representative

Membership positions for ordinary members on the Steering Committee are for two years in a staggered rotation.

The Student Representative position is for one year and is open to any current student member of the ASA.

If we receive more nominations than positions available, we will organise an online election which would be held in late August.

New members will take their positions in early September.

Details about EPOC and committee responsibilities and structure may be found at: https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/wzTGC1WLPxcM5nA9nTL2hMJ?domain=asaepoc.org<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/wzTGC1WLPxcM5nA9nTL2hMJ?domain=asaepoc.org>

Please consider nominating and serving on the EPOC Steering Committee. Self-nominations are fine. If you wish to nominate another EPOC member please ensure you have the nominee’s permission. We are committed to diversity and encourage nominations that reflect the diversity of the ASA community.

To nominate please send an email to jbondell at swin.edu.au with your name, affiliation, together with a one or two paragraph outline of your interest in the position (this will be included in an election form if needed). Please contact me if you require any further information.

if you are an ASA member but not yet an EPOC member, you may join EPOC at any time. Please update your chapter memberships via the ASA Member page and also send an email to jbondell at swin.edu.au with name, affiliation and status (student, ECR, etc) notifying the chapter.

Nominations are due by 23:59 AEST Sunday 15 August 2021.

Cheers-

Jackie Bondell

Jackie Bondell (she/her) | Education and Public Outreach Coordinator
ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery (OzGrav)

ARC Centre of Excellence for Dark Matter Particle Physics

Chair, Astronomical Society of Australia EPOC Steering Committee

National Astronomy Education Coordinator to the IAU OAE
Swinburne University of Technology
(H74) PO Box 218 Hawthorn Vic 3122

Office: (+61) 392 148 351

Mobile: 0411 845 521

[https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/0k6dC2xMQzipOK29KT1Ph4h?domain=docs.google.com]   [cid:5b949d25-abe8-4356-8238-1d7c5bacfccf]

(CRICOS Provider 00111D)

I acknowledge and pay respect to the Wurundjeri people of the Kulin Nation as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which Swinburne Campuses are located.  I also acknowledge all Aboriginal and Torres Strait nations across Australia, their Elders, Ancestors, cultures and heritage.