[ASA] Interest Form for 2021 ASA IDEA Local Rainbow Dinners

Daniel Zucker daniel.zucker at mq.edu.au
Fri Jun 18 14:20:17 AEST 2021

Dear ASA Members,

As the ASA Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) this year is taking place in
a mixed-mode distributed / virtual format, some of the usual events --
such as the Rainbow Dinner -- will also need to take on different forms.

The Rainbow Dinner, under the auspices of the Inclusion, Diversity and
Equity in Astronomy (IDEA) Chapter of the ASA, is an annual social
gathering for LGBTIQA+ astronomers and Allies at all career stages that
occurs in conjunction with the ASA ASM.

As the ASM is not taking place in one city, but rather several, we are
looking to gauge interest in attending (*and if possible, helping to
organise*) Rainbow Dinners in one or more hub cities of the ASM, during
the week of 12 - 16 July.

If you are interested in attending a Rainbow Dinner in your city, please
fill out the following form as soon as possible, ideally *within the
next week* (i.e., by 25 June):

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/FwNTCWLVXkU5vyy35C6eiHN?domain=forms.gle <https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/FwNTCWLVXkU5vyy35C6eiHN?domain=forms.gle>

Please note that we are only asking for your contact information if you
are potentially able to help organise a dinner in your city.

Best regards,

-- Daniel Zucker, on behalf of the IDEA Chapter

P.S. Please note that all in-person events will naturally be contingent
on whatever local COVID-19 restrictions are in force at the time.

--
Daniel Zucker
Associate Professor
daniel.zucker at mq.edu.au