[ASA] Gravitational Wave Data Centre (GWDC) User Survey 2021

Jarrod Hurley jhurley at swin.edu.au
Tue Jun 8 14:45:31 AEST 2021

Hi All,

We are seeking community feedback on the services provided by
the Gravitational Wave Data Centre (GWDC) via a short survey (link below).

The GWDC is hosted at Swinburne University of Technology
alongside the Swinburne node of the Astronomy Data and Computing
Services (ADACS) team that has been providing a generalised data and
computing service to the national astronomy community from early 2017.
It is funded from the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure
Strategy (NCRIS) with support from Astronomy Australia Limited (AAL).

The primary aims of the GWDC are to provide the infrastructure, training
and support to enable gravitational wave researchers nationally to lead
the discovery of events from the latest data on an international scale
and to maximise the scientific impact of these discoveries. Data
coverage includes the Advanced Laser Interferometer Gravitational wave
Observatory (aLIGO) and Virgo detectors, pulsar timing data from the
Square Kilometre Array (SKA) and precursor facilities, as well as any
related simulation data.

The GWDC has been operating for about two years now so we would like to seek
feedback from you on how the GWDC has done to date and what it should
focus on in the future. Our primary target audience is obviously the
gravitational wave research community. However, we would welcome input
from any astronomer who thinks they may have a need to interact with
gravitational wave data and/or researchers in the future. We are
interested in responses from those who have already used GWDC services
and those who have not as yet.

Please take the time to complete the survey which you can find here:

https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/MJ8UC81V0PT6Wyk05TnpsHs?domain=forms.gle

We expect it will take about 10 minutes of your time.

The survey closes Wednesday June 23rd.

Please use gwdc-survey at adacs.org.au <mailto:gwdc-survey at adacs.org.au> if
you have any queries related to the survey or encounter a technical issue.

Thanks for your help.
The GWDC team.