[ASA] LSSTC Data Science Fellowship Program

Sarah Brough s.brough at unsw.edu.au
Fri May 28 10:11:49 AEST 2021

Hi All,

Applications are now being accepted for the next cohort of the LSSTC
Data Science Fellowship Program, a two-year training program designed to
teach skills required for Rubin Observatory science that are not easily
addressed by current astrophysics programs. The program consists of
three, one-week schools per year over the two year period. Graduate
students in astronomy and astronomy-related fields are welcome to apply,
the deadline is June 11th, 2021. More information is available at
https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/kAu_CwV1vMfGg4Q2QfVQOih?domain=astrodatascience.org

This program is open to any graduate student, not just those already
connected to the Rubin Observatory.

Regarding location (given the likelihood of Australians being able to
travel internationally this year), the organisers will be making
decisions about the session being in person or not around mid-Summer,
taking into consideration all of the students' ability to attend. During
the past year the sessions have been virtual and the application form asks:

"Commitment
We recognize that the past year and a half has been a time of
unpredictability. The DSFP is an international program, and we consider
the safety and participation of all our students equally. We do require
that students attend all six sessions of their DSFP Fellowship. If
possible, we hope to have an in-person session in the United States
during the week of September 13-19, 2021 (dates for future sessions are
TBD), but we also recognize that these dates may be subject to change.
In the following question, we are asking specifically about known
personal and professional conflicts; we are not asking you to predict
the course of the pandemic, and we will be checking in with all admitted
and current students prior to solidifying the session dates. Having said
that, it is helpful to know students' known availability, so please
answer to the best of your ability as of today. "

Cheers, Sarah

--
Professor Sarah Brough

I am sending this message now because it suits me.  I don’t expect that you will read, respond to, or action it outside of your regular working hours.